Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reminder

My name is Jessie Walters. I'm 28 years old, married to the love of my life, have two awesome dogs, and a great job. I think that most people would love to have my life. There's only really one thing that I suffer with that I would never wish on anyone - I've never been comfortable in my own skin. My appearance has always been an issue for me. Big, small, fat, thin - it was never good enough, and I was never happy. There was always SOMETHING that I wanted to change. If it wasn't my weight, it was the white spot on my tooth, the bump in my nose, the stubbiness of my fingers and toes. Even today I still struggle with these issues. Sometimes I wonder when I'm going to cut myself a break.

I have struggled with my weight ever since I was 14 years old - I've gained and lost 50+ pounds twice before, gone from as small as a size 4 to as large as a 14! But, I cannot ever seem to get off the rollercoaster - and now, I'm at the top of the hill once again, only this time I'm going for the REAL thrill. I've got 65+ pounds to lose this time. It seems like every time I lose, I gain back more than I weighed the last time I lose. I'm really afraid that if I don't lose the weight for GOOD and break the cycle, that I am going to end up miserable and unable to appreciate all of the good things that I DO have. And I'm afraid that I might die an early death if I don't nip this in the bud NOW.

Well, today is the day. Today is the day that I am going to start. Of course I have said this all before, but today I actually got on the scale. And now I'm really mad. I am mad at myself for ever letting my weight get so high. It's not like I have some kind of disease or that I am taking some kind of medication that made me get so heavy... it's just that I can't stop putting food in my fucking mouth!!! I eat because I'm bored, I eat because I'm stressed, I eat because food is put in front of me, and those habits all need to change, pronto.

A weight loss program wouldn't be complete without goals, so here's my shot at it. I'm going to list a range for weight, since my focus is actually going to be on body fat, and not weight.

Goal Fitness Stats
Weight: 120 - 140 lbs
BMI: 22
Body Fat%: 21%

9 comments:

  1. hey Jess! I'm with you girl! I need to lose some weight too...this marriage thing is making me fat (and the hubs a little too). No joke.

    let's do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - thanks Shell!! It's really great to know that others are going through the same struggles. If you've got any tips/tricks/recipes, let me know. I'll definitely post mine... good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chica! I admire your resolution and am sure you will achieve your goal. I'll be following your progress in search of inspiration. :) You go girl!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you too!! I've found a happy marriage to be a strong disincentive to staying trim. Since you aren't "on the market", there is less incentive to look good. But I know you can do it, since I've seen you do it before. You have been an inspiration to me before and I am looking forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah smessie! good job:) I need to lose some weight too. I admire your drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jess!! Love your blog!!! I am starting Weight Watchers tomorrow -- my husbands been doing WW for a couple of months now and has lost over 50lbs -- I have to catch up!! After 2 kids, I want my pre baby body back!! I have tons of great recipes to share!!!! I look forward to reading your blog and hope it will be a great motivator for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessie... I like your blog. I just signed up for Weight Watchers online today... I am aiming to lose about 50 lbs, which I have also gained and lost many times! I hope this is the final time! Best of luck in reaching your goal and I look forward to more postings! I think they will help me to stay motivated knowing that I'm not the only one!!

    Happy New Year!
    - Shelly (Laudenslager) Meier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jessie, good luck with everything! This is awesome because I was going to do the EXACT same thing...take pictures, do the measurements, write about it, etc. to keep me extra motivated. I know you'll reach your goals, just stay hungry (no pun intended) and overcome any adversity. It will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie---we've known each other our whole lives and both have struggled. I am having the same issues, and i would LOVE to blame my weight gain on having a baby, but i simply can not because i weighed less after i had him then now or even when i first got pregnant! I too am in the same boat as you and would love to lose some weight for my upcoming wedding and to just be healthy. I look forward to reading ur journey and getting some advice and motivation! Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete